Since long, we have seen online product information brochures, PDF based magazines or write ups for professionals and general reading and information purposes. Thousands of newsletters, product catalogues and many other type of informational magazines are available online in the form of static pages. But what if we get to see a page flipping experience online just as we read any convention physical magazine with host of features like images, videos and popup content giving reader a delightful experience.
These flash flipping digital magazines or catalogues will surely amaze the users with its ease of use and interactive presentation. Here are the top reason why you should consider creating digital magazines also known as flipbooks –
- Content presented in the form of digital magazines gives an interactive and interesting experience to the readers through its amazing flipping feature.
- Familiarity to physical book flipping and convenience to use and navigate, makes flipbooks further more interesting.
- It saves the cost of printing and thereby can be considered as more environment friendly option.
- These HTML5 magazines also creates the convenience of making it readable on phones, tablets and a variety of other platforms as well, therefore have far wider reach to target audience.
- Digital magazines are very easy to create as plenty of online digital magazine publishing software tools are available for creating such magazines or books. Some are free while other premium ones are on chargeable basis.
- Existing PDF files can easily be converted into Flipbooks thanks to free online magazine maker software tools.
How to create a digital magazine?
Let’s first explore the basic steps needed to create an online digital magazine –
- The very first thing that you need is to have a PDF containing content that you want to represent in the form of a flipbook. There are a couple of do’s and don’ts that needs to be taken care of. Here is a summarized list –
- All the content pages should be in one PDF.
- PDF should not be secure.
- PDF can be created by using PDF extension while saving the file. MS Word or Ms Excel can be used to accomplish the task.
- If the content is spread across multiple PDFs then all those small files needs to be merged together to make a single PDF containing entire content for the publication.
- Almost all the flipbook applications, be it free or not, needs you to create your account before you can use them. So go ahead and create an account for yourself to explore the features available for you to use.
- Uploading your PDF to flipbook publishing software. The next step invariably is to get your content file uploaded into the application.
- Typically a magazine creator software has prebuilt templates or categories to choose from before you upload your file.
- Based on available features, design your publication and you are ready to publish and share.
There are plenty of magazine creator softwares or apps available in the market for creating a digital magazines. Let’s check out some of the popular tools and their features –
This is a fast and easy option having an elegant interface. The free version provides a decent editor that goes beyond mere PDF conversion. It provides you with an option to create your publication right from scratch also. A collection of interesting templates makes it further easy to use. A collection of images or photos reduces the need for outside search for suitable pictures as well.
This is one of the best HTML5 based flipbook making tool. Digital magazines created using this tool can be viewed on various devices like iPad, iPhone, Android based devices etc. without any distortions in format.
If you are trying to build realistic e-book that has a realistic background and you also wish to include sound effects then this is the perfect tool for you. It also gives you an option to embed hyperlinks to your publication for relevant reads as well. This magazine creator software is suitable for both professional and individual publications.
The main USP of this tool is the ability to create 3D digital magazines apart from regular features of flipbook making software.
It’s a versatile tool that gives you a various options to publish your work in variety of formats. Its free version is followed by paid subscription, options again with many options to choose from.
So what are you waiting for! With so many options, ease of use, go ahead and demonstrate your creativity in creating a virtual reading experience that goes above the physical reading experience with its multimedia content.
Wishing you happy creation!